Saturday, February 17, 2007

Text Link Ads - Don't Bother

A little over a week ago I posted about text link ads. I want to fully revise my opinion on them so I'm writing a new post. For the record I cancelled my account with them, and the only really good thing I have to say is that they did cancel my account when asked in a timely manner. The service seems like a reasonable one, but has several major shortcomings. First of all its impossibly to become an advertiser unless your either in or close to the top 100,000 on alexa, and have a good link popularity. This means it is really only effective for the websites that get good traffic, it is NOT good for those of us who are just starting out. Secondly advertisers can always renew at the same rate if they want to stay on your site. So even if new advertisers have to come in at a higher rate those who stick around could still be paying the same low rate they started at, even if your traffic triples. I think the service is good if you have a big site, but I think the rest of us really need to be informed, don't even bother signing up unless you have the rankings needed. That being said, google adsense works for anyone, it might be slow but at least you earn. Theres a link on the sidebar. :)

-Toraux

No comments: