Friday, February 23, 2007

Alexa Rank

About a week ago I was doing some further research into the Alexa traffic rankings. I ended up downloading a cool firefox toolbar that will show you google and alexa ranks for the site your viewing. When I initially installed it my site read as ranked 15th, this being a result of it being on the blogspot domain. I did more research, and found that most blogspot.com blogs are ranked based on the blogspot domain. Now a week later after using the toolbar, I have an alexa rank (in the millions). From what I understand this toolbar works similarly to the alexa toolbar, and boosts alexa ranks of pages viewed with it active as much as the alexa toolbar. This is advantageous because this toolbar doesn't have the same 'spyware' issues that people have been associating with the normal alexa toolbar. The toolbar can be found: Here. I recommend installing firefox (there is a link in the sidebar), and installing this toolbar if you do any webdevelopment or website promotion.

-Toraux

No comments: