Monday, February 05, 2007

Screenshots


I didn't really get much done today, searching around about blog stuff really wasted time I should have spent coding and getting other stuff done. What I did accomplish today however was finding and correcting a minor oversight in the new and improved indoor/outdoor system. I also filled in a bunch of rooms and took several screenshots. The first one here is a shot from the top of one of the inner gatehouse towers. The '#' is where I am standing, and the green highlights represent other characters/npcs in the game. Other symbols like 'I' represent walls, 'H' represents a place you can

physically stand on the walls, '^' a section of roof, 'A' and 'V' are stairs heading up or down, ':' are roads, and '"' are grassy areas. The second screenshot shows the inside of a tower. The only new symbol here is the '.' which represents an area inside a building. This is the second floor of the same tower from the first screenshot. Notice how the sight radius changes indoors. Sight radius' also grow and shrink based on your elevation. Climbing a tall tower will give you a commanding view of your surroundings. This should generate some good strategic and tactical gameplay. Maybe tomorrow

if I have time I will put up a small generated map of the entire castle that I built to test the world. Hopefully these screens will wet everyone's appetite a bit. Hoping to get making progress again soon. I might pull off some sort of closed test for interested players in the near future, keep checking back for details.

Later,
-Toraux

No comments: