Tuesday, February 27, 2007

FeedBurner Tips

Like I mentioned the other day I registered for FeedBurner. I've only been using it a few days, but I've picked up several techniques to help improve it's ability to drive users back to your site (instead of just reading through the viewer). I figured I would share some of the things I've figured out so far and help save someone else the time.

Under the sidebar option titled Summary Burner, you can set whether the feed is a full feed, or a teaser. You can select how many characters are displayed, basically giving your readers a tease to what is in the post, and directing them to return to your blog page. This is especially helpful if you don't have Google Adsense for feeds, and aren't eligible for the FeedBurner monetization feature. I'm currently using this, though I think I'll likely be tweaking the number of characters in the coming days to make the teaser enough to tease, but not so much to be the whole post.

Ok, I guess that was only one tip. I'll provide more if I discover any other ones. :P

-Toraux

No comments: