Sunday, February 25, 2007

Site Changes

I made some changes to the template this morning, so I figure I'll go over them. I removed the site search... hasn't been used by anyone for almost a year, so it was basically just taking up valuable space. I also registered for feed burner, so you should see an icon for that on the right too, feel free to signup for the feed using your favorite feed reader. I also changed around the way the Google Adsense referrals are displayed. I found a site that uses icons next to the signup buttons to help draw attention to them. It seemed to work quite well for them so I decided to try it. Ultimately this should help draw a bit more attention to the referrals and help get more people signed up. I personally only use two out of the three services, but the two I use: Firefox and Google Adsense are great, and I would definitely recommend them. Google Adwords is supposedly good too, but I have yet to have a direct need to advertise for anything, maybe in a couple years when I'm trying to pick up more players.

Here are the icons I'm using, I had Qyae fix them up to work with the black background...




I'm also trying my best to use the competitive ad filter to start blocking out some of these ridiculous ads we get through adsense. I'm going to need to start writing about games again just to get better keywords for adsense to read :P Anyway, back to the grind.

-Toraux

No comments: