Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hoping to Increase Traffic

Being that I was home for the weekend I was unable to do any coding. What I did have time to do however was mull over the various non coding tasks that need to be completed to make this project successful. The main one that comes to mind that I would like to discuss tonight, however, is getting the word out. This really is kind of dependant on finding an official name for the game before I release it. Until that happens however I have several ideas.

Firstly, I plan on making more of an effort to keep on top of the various MUD groups and forums and make an effort to put my two cents in where I feel appropriate. Who knows, maybe those several hits here and there from my signatures will result in future players.

Secondly, I signed up for Technorati today. This will hopefully bring in a bit more traffic on its own. Which reminds me. Please Add to Technorati Favorites. From what I understand Technorati is one of the leading websites out there for finding blogs, providing information on blog updates as well as other media.

I would also greatly appreciate any links to the blog from personal websites and blogs. Most popular games that weren't on major budgets got all of their following through word of mouth. It is the people interested in DynamicMUD that will make it a thriving popular game when it finally comes together.

Finally, I am going to make a great effort to keep putting up new posts here. I have a handful of topics I would like to cover sometime this week, and I will try to keep daily updates of progress made in coding. I think I might even make and attempt at running some sort of test later this month if all is going well.

Anyway, I should probably get ready for bed, back to the grind of school tomorrow.
-Toraux

No comments: