Saturday, August 26, 2006

Making Progress

I'm definitely making progress on the development front. Factions are almost completely liberated from their reliance on hard coded data. I have a lot of simple tweaks left for the next week or two before ill be in on something new and exciting I think but at least progress is being made. I really cant wait until I'm at a late stage and I can test some of the real features I want for the final game.

The whole concept of a MUD without the limitations of static zones and mobs excites me. I hate how MUDs and even modern MMORPGs all have zones and static game play. I don't want the same experience every time I play, I want to do something different. I think this is really best accomplished with competition between players and including the facilities for the players to change their environment and take charge. I think players will find it quite fun to try their hand at taking a stand and staking out their own part of the world, maybe even making the attempt to take over.

Tomorrow at 3pm Eastern Standard Time I'm running the next test. You guys can surf through the last handful of posts to find the link to the tester group and mailing list if you want to sign up last minute. Ill try and post the ip and port by 2pm ish and have the game up and running soon after. Come back tomorrow afternoon for the results of the test and information on another position or two that will be possibly opening on the Dynamic MUD staff in the next few months.

As always I'm tired, c-ya tomorrow.
-Toraux

No comments: