Thursday, August 31, 2006

Last Day of Work

Well, tomorrow will be my last day of work this summer. My coop finished ill be moving in Saturday and shifting paces once again. Hopefully this move wont slow down my development pace too much. I will lose all my coding time Saturday though because of the move in, packing, and unpacking. Sunday I might have some time, I guess ill see when I get there. Once I'm at school however I predict a slight increase in personal time which will definitely create more progress.

The past few days have been pretty good, we just hit our 3000th page impression. I'm hoping that over the next few months we can pull off our second 3k hits. If you know people who might be interested in dynamic send them here, and sign up for page change notification!

Today I got a comment as well, I responded to the comment so scroll down and read the comments on the previous post to see that, but I think I will respond a bit here as well. A reader expressed concern with being able to play the game with visual impairment. I know Multi User Dungeons are a game played by visually impaired players, so I don't want to exclude them or break from the tradition. I believe that the auto generated room and player descriptions for example will make it easier without the map. A room description might note the number of trees or the room type, that state it is in etc. Surveys will work in two ways as well. A survey that will see beings and other moveable objects of interest, and a terrain survey to see physical land features in the near area. A mountain or forest will appear on these surveys and give the player a second option for navigating. I still believe that there will be some level of disadvantage not being able to see players on the map through highlighting like the game was designed to be played, but still fun and playable. I hope this will be enough, and if anyone has suggestions on this matter feel free to comment or contact me privately so I can try and make the game fun for all.

I don't think there is much else for me to mention tonight. Tomorrow I'm stepping away from coding and attempting to install SSH Server on my gentoo machine. If there is ever a dull moment in class ill at least be able to log in and code :P My next week or two after that is going to be an overhaul of communications. Fixing the channels already in existence and adding shout, socials, emotes, and the help system. Speaking of which ill need a 'Non-Story Content Developer' or whatever I decide would be a good title in the near future. Someone to write help files, socials, etc so I don't take time away from coding. Add this to the marketing position ill be recruiting for soon.

Anyway, I've rambled enough.
Later,
-Toraux

No comments: