Monday, November 07, 2005

Immortals

So I decided to write up the "Immortal" Section last night. Mainly includes the basics for staff, as well as a peak into ghosts. Legendary players who die will have the option to become ghosts. Ghosts will only be able to interact with other ghosts for the most part, players wont be able to see or hear them. Ghosts will be able to fight against other ghosts like players do. Some magic users will have the ability to sense ghosts and communicate with them.

My plan is for ghosts to become another layer to the grand scheme of good vs evil. Good ghosts trying to help the forces of good to find and vanquish evil, and the evil ghosts trying to stop them and vice versa.

I also did some very early preliminary research into some server hardware this weekend. I found a 1U rackmount server for only 1200 dollars, including a 3.0gHz p4, 240GB HD and a gig of ram. This info here along drops my suspected startup cost, making this project all that more viable. But anyways I should get some homework done before class.

-Toraux

No comments: