Monday, November 07, 2005

Communication

I added the communication section today. There were basicly five different ways to communicate with other players: shout, say, emote/socials, telepathy, and written messages. Shout is basicly a medium distance means of communication, becoming more inaccurate as the range between players gets closer to the maxium range. Say allows direct in room communication. Socials allow players to show actions that their character are performing. Telepathy allows magic users and immortals to communicate at a great distance. Written messages will allow for long distance communication between various leaders, and message boards will allow better group communication. I am now onto a 35th page, this thing is getting damn long damn fast.

I am planning to post this board on the mudconnector and topmudsites forums on friday. Itll be a kind of 'spread the word' kind of deal and see if we can drum up a larger viewer base, from which we'll be able to draw alpha and beta testers as well as other staff members.

I was also thinking today about the mud in general and my plans for perma death playerkilling. The mere thought of the system makes me smile, lots of adrenaline, and lots of fun. Almost has moral factors to it with 'killing' another player. I know a lot of people dont think they would enjoy this kind of a system but I think itll be quite fun, even for the non pker types.

I hope my readers enjoy this blog, thanks for your support so far.

-Toraux

No comments: