Sunday, October 22, 2006

This Week

Well this coming week was going to be horrible. I had an OS lab to do, Digital Electronics Lab Report to write, and a matlab project for Signals and Systems. The tides have turned however, I got up this morning and blew away the OS lab in several hours. I thought it would take 10-12 hours like the last one was so this frees up a lot of time. I've been working like crazy on getting ahead of the game for other hw too, got my World Civ's reading done through Monday, and other homework done through mid week. Hopefully this means that I won't loose any coding time this week like I thought, and instead maybe pick up a little more. Friday night and Saturday I'm spending in New York training so I might loose some time this coming weekend.

I took advantage of all this today and got the new accounts system fixed up. There isn't too much of a change apparent for the user, but internally things are a bit better, and will support future changes that will be needed to finish up some comms stuff. Also, char creation now includes genders.

Can't wait until this game is ready, I day dream at least once a day about playing, what I would do as a player, the goals and dreams of my character and the means I would take to get there. Whenever I read or listen to my Civs lectures I think about the game from those terms, means of governments that might form, balancing the economy and agriculture etc. Half the movies I see make me think about it too. Hopefully things will speed up and I can get this thing to a beta stage relatively shortly.

Hopefully this week goes good.
-Toraux

No comments: