Wednesday, October 04, 2006

News and Socials

I added the news and emote commands today, didn't take long at all. The next thing I have to work on is the socials system which could potentially take several hours more then most additions. Total lines are up to 16034, actual lines of code hit 8662 today.

This is also a good juncture to think about a stylistic option for the game. One way would involve making the game more or less 'third person' and make all the messages you see include your name etc. This would actually be easier to code in a lot of ways and might make things feel more like a book, but might be harder to keep track of what your doing in a high stress environment. The other option is the standard first person. Right now I think I'm on track for first person, but making the switch might take a whole bunch of effort so I think I'll be thinking about it tomorrow on my coding off day.

I also managed to pick up a whole bunch of plastic coated calendars that the school is giving out today. Screw the calendar, the back is just as dry erase, a great way to do some design in marker and be able to move them around and store them etc. Hopefully this all makes sense, I'm finding it hard to stay conscious right now, kind of tired and I have an exam tomorrow morning.

Hopefully Friday and Saturday will be productive coding days, heading home Sunday and Monday and then back to the grind on Tuesday

No comments: