Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Accounts

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, school as always has been hectic. Things are moving forward, but of course not as fast as I would like. My next project is pretty big, I've decided I need to overhaul the account system again. First off I need this so that I can make the news and announce prompt tags work based on each account. Secondly the current login code pretty much blows. Its disgusting to try to read and debug.

My aim is to have some sort of class represent accounts and to redo all of the Login code with a bit more preplanning. So far I'm turning up nothing, kind of a stumbling block because its so involved and has so many different cases. Then there also comes into the picture the storing of these accounts etc etc etc . And on top of that the synchronization issue where an account could be loaded or not loaded and if it is loaded it needs to be updated differently then an unloaded account. This might make persistence easier however as I figure out how to deal with it on a smaller scale here. Hopefully when I get back to school on Sunday I'll have time to get to this and get it done right. I don't want to have to modify login code after this until I'm ready to change char creation over to random selection of pre made chars.

I'm going to sleep soon now though and give this some good thought before I get too much further into it. Wish me luck.
-Toraux

No comments: