Thursday, September 21, 2006

Getting in Gear

I think the feel for coding is coming back, I really want to get coding again, and I wish I had more time. Hopefully I'll be able to arrange things so I'll be moving forward quickly. I'm currently working on expanding some of the chatlog functionality, (arguments to change the number of items returned per page and arguments to allow searching for keywords and phrases). After this I have a whole bunch of fixes and tweaks I'd like to do, then its on to a whole slew of communications improvements. I'll be adding the shout command as well as news, announcements, help files, socials, and the emote command. Once all the communications tweaks are in then I'll probably be looking to take on someone to start compiling help info and possibly work on building a list of socials and soft coding them.

I will also be looking for a webmaster/web designer soon to start developing a new layout for the blog and one for the eventual site that will be launched. The third new position I'll want to fill will be a marketing position which will basically be someone to try and build recognition and grow the potential user base. This will happen around the time that I finally decide on a name for the game that will be based on the Dynamic MUD engine.

This weekend I'll be trying to see if I can get the old python version of dynamic to fire up on my win 98 machine I have at home as I'll be there for the weekend. I should also be home the following weekend, so maybe I'll get it to work. Once it works and I've made sure it's stable enough and maybe add some admin commands I'll open it up for several hours some weekends as a publicity thing, let people try out that facet of the game and see if they like it. I also think sometime over the next few weeks I'll code up the portal program that will stream data through the fire wall here which should be good, maybe I'll be able to run tests while at school after all.

Anyway I'm going to try and code a few things before I head to Operating Systems and then home to teach tonight.

Later,
-Toraux

No comments: