Saturday, September 16, 2006

Bad News!

Well all I can say is that I'm kind of disappointed. Subversion has let me down. Mostly because it isn't idiot proof enough to stop me from screwing up. Apparently last time I changed a file name.... I forgot to remove and read it to the subversion registry. I think I can fix the problem in an hour or two of work however... the two missing files had very little changes if I remember correctly, but enough that it might take a little work to get it running and debug.... Especially without any viable player data to use, ill have to fix that tonight and tomorrow too.

Im looking into alternate means of keeping backups of my data. One option I'm considering is writing a python script to back up all my data and keep log files. Instead of using the more efficient subversion and cvs methods of only storing changes, I would use a system that would just copy the entire set of source code. I need to think about this tonight and possibly tomorrow. Once I figure out what I will do ill move into implementing it and then fixing my source code and getting it back operational. I think backing up 100% of the code is viable because my working directory only is at about 1.4MB now, even if it grew to 10-20MB I think I have plenty of backup space. I will just need to back up every so often to CD's.

In other news I think I have a viable name idea, I'm still toying with it but maybe I'll let people know about it soon on here.

Anyway, I need a break, got to go cry because of my loss and stuff.
Later,
-Toraux

No comments: