Thursday, June 29, 2006

Happy 4th Weekend

Well the test is canceled and im out of town this coming weekend so dont expect to see much of me. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

On the DynamicMUD front the only thing thats really happened this week is that I think I might convert my CVS stuff to Subversion. I like how SVN uses a global revision instead of revision numbers for each file. I have 70+ files now and that will multiply before this game is ready for the public. It is too hard to try and turn back multiple files if I want an old version. When I make the switch will depend on when I finish researching it and have the time (and a good break in the forward development).

In other news I noticed another non released game is on www.topmudsites.com and ranked in the top 30. I think if enough people were interested here we could do the same thing and quite possibly build up the reader and testerbase. We already have more stuff available to players because of the tests we will be running. If you would vote please post a comment to this entry and if we have 5 or 6 willing I might just get Dynamic listed. I think TMS allows a vote per ip every 12 hours, so maybe everyone could specify if they think they could vote once or twice a day. With the added readers coming from TMS we might have enough traffic to increase ad profits and make some money. By the way if your reading this from the google groups page click the link to this blog post somewhere below this so you can post a comment.

Thanks all.
-Toraux

No comments: