Thursday, July 05, 2007

Does Work Create More Work?

Like I mentioned earlier this week, I took advantage of having the entire day off yesterday to get ahead on coding. I fixed a handful of bugs, made improvements to several commands, and added a new command to make my life a little easier when running tests. I feel like I accomplished a lot.

When I look at my todo list, I see another story. I know I finished three of my 'todo groups', which was a significant portion of work, but when I look at whats left I now see four 'todo groups' to get to the same level of completeness I had intended before starting yesterday. A whole day and to reach the same milestone I was aiming for last week I need to finish a little more then I had before. This seems to be the trend, I've been shooting for this same objective since early last week, and despite expending a lot of effort I get farther away. Hopefully this weekend will be different, but you never can tell. Does this happen for anyone else?

No comments: