Thursday, April 20, 2006

Designing

So I think im pretty much back. Made a diagram out of the core classes that will make up the basis of the Dynamic MUD Engine last night. The plan includes 18 classes so far, and this number could quite easily increase with some of the other ideas I plan on working into the core engine. The full engine that will run the game should then consist of potentially hundreds and hundreds of classes derived from this core set to represent every being, room, and item in the game.

Starting to get a plan together for a possible website in the nearish future. Looks like we'll be making an attempt to get the rest of the initial 100bucks from google out of this blog if possible, and use that to pay for the first year of real hosting. That means if you know people who might be interested in this blog give them the url! Hopefully then the new website would be able to bring in enough cash to pay for incorporation to get the project release in the later stages. This process should then allow us to make enough cash selling the initial shares to small time investors or people really interested in the project. All of this a result of us getting people to show up on the site.

The new site will include tons of information about the game, and plans. It also will have this news blog and a huge set of forums for discussing future features and options. I hope to make player feedback a big part of the design process for advanced features, balancing, and possible story elements.

I plan on finishing the core engine general design stuff in the next couple of weeks. I also plan on doing some research into some Java features that I might be needing. And I also plan on looking into learning how to use JUnit before I start coding. JUnit will allow me to set up tests for every function and class so I will be able to test the whole project on a whim at the press of a button. Should let me test the whole system after changes to make sure it doesnt break anything.

I really cant wait until this game is ready for release, just dreaming about some of the planned features and options make me drool. Gaining control of a nation, raising legions of player and npc troops to fight for your cause and go on a campaign to take of the known world. One word.... fun. Well guess ill post back in a few days with some more progress. Until then.... tell people about dynamic!

-Toraux

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*poke*
(just wanted to let you know i passed the link along and I do read my tells)
-Geen

Toraux said...

Woo nice :)