Monday, April 10, 2006

Dawn of Comeback Approaching

About a week and a half to finish up this object oriented project (Damn you C++ and your conducivness to bad coding practices). As soon as the project is done or almost entirely done I should be moving back to dynamic. I am planning on spending the first few weeks back redesigning the operation of the core software, designing packaging and interfacing, writing up documentation and designing tests. I plan on using JUnit to allow for a more persistant and consistant development and validation. I also plan on using the object oriented nature of Java to my advantage to make Dynamic a lot easier to code and manage.

The first few weeks are already claimed by design and minor research. After that I plan to do a class a week for pretty much the entire summer until the core Engine is complete. I think I will be coding a mini tag game to go on the core engine soon after that to be a more comprehensive test of the design. (All this while on Coop, teaching my class, and any other personal projects that come up.) Hopefully the core package and the Engine will be done by the end of the summer, guess we'll just need to wait and see.

Hope to post back by the time I start design.
-Toraux

No comments: