Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Fat Jar Plugin

Between yesterday and today I made an attempt to port my code over so that I could run it up on the server space that slayn.net has been so helpful to provide. In the process I had to generate a java jar file to upload so that dynamic could be a standalone program and run independent of eclipse. My first few attempts failed, primarily due to dynamic's need for the MySQL java classes that I have installed, and I have been unable to successfully set up my java classpath.

I ended up finding a cool plugin for eclipse that generates jars and packages in the prereq java classes it needs. The tool seems to work great so far and has been very helpful. You can get the Fat Jar Eclipse Plug-In at http://fjep.sourceforge.net/ Hopefully this might help other java developers too.

-Toraux

No comments: