Saturday, March 10, 2007

Game Design Documents

I was just browsing when I came across a presentation put together for the GDC2007 by Damion Schubert. He posted his power point slides discussing how to write good game design documents. I found them very informative, and in fact I'm thinking part of my time spent over spring break will be assigned to working on bringing my own game specification up to date. I haven't touched it in a while, and I think some of these tips and ideas would help make it better. Not to mention I have new game feature ideas I would like to write in.

Ultimately the main points made were that a good game design document is simple, doesn't over design, and shells out development stages. I would try to describe it more, but I think you should just go check it out.

-Toraux

No comments: