Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Progress

Two more modules pretty much complete.

The command parser now works, it even has the extra cool functionality that could potentially allow me to load new command keywords while the game is in operation. The logger now works as well, it will allow me to log anything and everything to a log database for later use. As everything else both modules have functionality that will need to be coded at some point in the near future, but for my present goals it should be fine. Hoping to have dynamic to the point where people can log in, chat on the global channel in color etc by the end of friday. The next aim from there will be the basic world stuff, maps etc, and then basic items.
Once that core is complete then I can really start specializing development to involve specific features, might even be caught up with one of the early dynamic prototypes before I head back to school. Anyways should be reporting in again soon.

-Toraux

No comments: