Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Early Start

Well looks like i've made up my mind. I am bypassing most of the R&D stage. I decided over the past few days that I will use Java. Python will still be on the table for helper utilities that I dont want to spend a long time developing. I will also be using MySql as the database that will store most of the game data, including the world, players, items, etc.

Earlier today I coded the basis of the input module which will read player commands. I intend to have a bunch more core stuff done by the end of the week. Hopefully culminating in a server that can accept players, validate passwords, allow for simple communication and command parsing as well as logging data. Hopefully all will go smoothly.

Anyways thats all I have for now. Later.
-Toraux

No comments: