Monday, April 30, 2007

Summer Internship Secure

Well its been a long time since my last post, schools been hectic as always, and I'm pressing ever closer to the perilous finals. Thankfully things are looking up, I have a summer internship now at the ATMC (Advanced Technology and Manufacturing Center). The ATMC is an incubator for high tech start up companies, and is owned and operated as a nonprofit organization by the University for that purpose. The project I will be quite interesting, apparently involving AUVs, Autonomous Underwater Vehicles. Apparently these AUVs are used to do all sorts of measurements of costal waterways etc. Should be really interesting to get involved in something like this. Even more advantageous with this position is that it can basically become a Research Assistantship when I hit my masters year, almost completely killing off the cost of grad school, and might even be involved with my thesis.

The disadvantage here however is my pay as an intern is less then I would have had working directly in the commercial sector, and on top of this I will need to pay for summer housing on campus, and have a bit more of a commute to go to Karate each week. I guess you can't win them all. I will likely be making plans for my Dynamic development around the time finals end once I'm settled in with my new housing.

Back to studying, but at least thats one less thing to worry about.

-Toraux

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok a question for you guys. Has anyone bought anything from www.mogbroker.com it looks like they sell ffxi gil, guild wars gold, eve online isk, eve online characters, lotro gold, vanguard gold, eq2 plat, and much more.......I am just curious if this is legal or not, ive never bought gold but mogbroker.com seems to sell everything ive played or am playing right now. I just dont understand if its ok to buy or not,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Toraux said...

I'm not sure this is the best place to ask... I don't play any of the major MMORPGs nor have I ever been involved with any game cash trading. Nor with this particular company.