Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Fighting the Overwhelming Nature of School

And the school work continues to pile on. Professors keep stacking more on, its the pile the gets larger with time rather then smaller. Or I guess we could say school is the unstable system defined as H[n]=n^2 where n is time. Yes that's right, I've seen so much of this stuff its meandering into the few normal, non school moments I have.

On a brighter note however, I made some time to code tonight. I decided to ultimately skip making the attempt at writing some sort of code to verify room colors don't overlap and room type numbers are always legal. It's on my list todo, so that means I'll get to it later, possibly this weekend. Instead I am coding up some gates. Unlike doors, they are intended to be controlled remotely with a lever of some sort. Both the gate and the lever room types have been implemented, but I'm currently stuck with the linking part. I think I'll need to write a new command and a few functions to store link info. Shouldn't be too hard to do, but I don't really have the time to complete it tonight, maybe tomorrow if I can get through my work ok.

I also would like to throw out a link for everyone: http://www.gameproducer.net I found this site today while searching for guides and information on choosing good names for games (yes, DynamicMUD is not the final intended name for the game, you can all relax). The site appears to have a whole lot of other cool information on independant game developing. I even found another ad system that can be used in conjunction with google adsense that seems to be pretty convincing. Unfortunately however this blog doesn't have the traffic to actually try it out yet. But feel free to go: Here to check that one out. I will likely post something more in depth about that one sometime tomorrow.

The one last thing I got done today was check out some info for hosting. I think I might attempt running a copy of dynamic up on the free host I have a deal with. Maybe I'll make it available for testing in the near future, make sure to keep checking back for more info on that.

Later,
Toraux

No comments: